As you may have gathered from this little series, having four cats means we spend a lot of time together… doing things… and while their help and advice is not always appreciated, their company and love certainly is!
1. Remove Siamese from cupboard where the ironing board lives and take it out to set up in preparation for ironing the freshly washed and dried heap of laundry in the basket.
2. Remove large black cat from clean washing and sort out the items that need re-laundering due to muddy paw prints.
3. Fill lovely new iron with water, place in position and switch on in preparation.
4. Remove small black cat and Siamese from ironing board as they are having a punch up.
5. Scream and catch iron as a flailing paw knocks it.
6. Scream again – this time in fright – as tabby cat chooses this particular moment to launch herself from the back of the sofa to sit on your shoulder and offer advice about the best way to iron a shirt.
7. Remove large black cat from wash basket and sort out items that need re-laundering…
8. As son is at home, offer to teach him how to iron.
9. Remove Siamese from ironing board, tabby paw from eye and beg son to iron.
10. Decide that actually, Life is too short to iron… and put everything away, having first removed Siamese from cupboard where ironing board lives…