1. Approach pile of discarded duvet and pillows carefully and quietly, having first ascertained that there are no cats in the immediate vicinity.
2. Pick up corner of duvet and scream in fright as a cat unexpectedly darts out.
3. Check again for unexpected feline occupants.
4. Remove smallest black cat from pillow.
5. Shriek as tabby paw seizes ankle from under bed.
6. Remove cats.
7. Shake out wonderfully clean and fresh sheet over mattress and tuck in well, making sure the corners are all hospital corners and neatly squared.
8. Sob in frustrated rage as Siamese cat jumps onto bed, having first been outside for a spot of digging…
9. Strip off dirty sheet and hurl it downstairs thus alerting large black cat that it’s time to help change the bed.
10. Remove smallest black cat from pillow.
11. Repeat Number 7…
12. Reel back in fright and surprise as Amazonian Tabby Tiger Princess leaps onto bed, does quick circuit, leaving miniature holes in fresh sheet, and exits.
13. Summon son.
14. Remove smallest black cat from pillow with great trepidation since last time she did a truly terrifying snake demon hiss…
15. With son’s help, shut all cats on other side of bedroom door and make bed.
I always find the addition of four cats to any household task enhances its enjoyment although it can prove a little frustrating at times…