I was nominated for this award a couple of weeks ago by the wonderful Alex of Brian And Lily, I must thank her for this and her kind words. She’s one of my earliest friends on WordPress, so please go and have a look at her blog and meet the adorable Lily and Brian, her dogs. Alex (great name!) writes a wonderful blog full of details about life with and caring for her dogs.
Questions… I nipped over to Whippet Wisdom (another of Alex’s nominations and a great blog too!) to borrow the logo and questions for this post.
Here are the rules for the Real Neat Blog Award:
- Post the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like and link to their blog.
- Let them know you nominated them by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Where do most visits to your blog come from?That’s hard to answer as it seems to vary from day to day… The UK, the States and Canada, but I’ve also had visits from Singapore, Israel, Finland, the Philippines, Cape Town… all over really and all wonderful places that I aspire to visiting one day
- What is your favourite sport or exercise?I do a lot of walking, myself, as I like to observe, take note, pass the time of day with whatever happens to be out and about. Not really one for sport. My games teacher at school once gave me this report: “If Samantha were to put as much effort into participating in games as she does in avoiding it, she’d probably get on quite well.” Apparently that won a prize in the staffroom for the most original report.
- What has been a special moment for you so far in 2016?Starting this blog and entering the wonderful world of WordPress. I have met some great people that I am truly pleased to call friends.
- What is your favourite quote?I’ve answered this question a few times… the answer is still the same: ‘This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.’ 14th Dalai Lama. I love these words, a great philosophy to live your life by.
- What was your favourite class when still at school?English. I love the vagaries of the English language. From ‘through’ to ‘thorough’ to ‘rough’. It has been used to write some of the most beautiful and memorable pieces of literature, yet remains quirky and individualistic.
- Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
To ride a bike. Still haven’t learned – too afraid of falling off… and I have a feeling it would have been a useful skill…!
- What musical instrument have you tried to play?I always wanted to learn to play the piano, it struck me as an elegant sort of an instrument.
- Sunshine or rain?
- If you were a herb, what would you be?
- First thing you ever cooked or baked?
- First pet?
- What country would you like to visit and why?
- What one piece of advice would you give to your 16 year old self?
- Favourite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
As always, these nominations are a mark of appreciation. There is no pressure to accept of course, either.
And to everyone who’s been kind enough to stop and have a read, a like, or a subscribe –
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! xx
Some lovely autumnal photos, taken by Alex Marlowe