I must thank A Floating Speck for nominating me for this award – please go and visit her blog for emotive poetry and evocative pictures…
ABOUT THE AWARD
The MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for quality content, originality and presentation. The intention of this award is to encourage connectivity and support in the blogging community and to increase exposure for individual bloggers.
If you have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and choose to accept, write a blog post about the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Take a moment to positively promote the person who nominated you.
2. Display the award on your blog by adding it to your post and/or displaying it using a widget on your page (Save the image to your computer and upload it to your blog post).. Don’t forget to use the tag #MyUltraAward when you make your post!
3. Answer the following MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award questions.
What is your name?
Where are you from?
How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
26th March 2016 – I used to write a lot when I was younger, but, you know, life happens and I lost confidence in myself… to cut a long story short, my younger son is friends with a wonderful man, who has been his mentor and guide. He’s involved with Copper Staple, an independent online publishing co. I asked him whether he thought I could write something for it… and he said yes. The man who said I can. Also my son was writing typing a letter for me on the laptop – I’d hurt my elbow and couldn’t grip a pen (I smoke with the left hand – ha ha!) and he was laughing aloud as I dictated. He said I should start a blog, as did his lovely crystal lady Lizian – whose stones and insights feature in some of my posts. Long answer, I’m afraid, but there it is, a combination of three people, who I must always thank for their support and encouragement.
What are you most proud of?
What are your blogging goals?
To entertain, make people look again at something in a different light and perhaps even inform a little…
How do you spend your free time?
Generally just faffing about… dusting crystals, ironing, reading, writing, feeding my cats… oh dear that’s not very exciting ! Sorry!
Yellow Roses… for friendship.
4. Nominate 1-8 blogs that you feel deserve the award and provide links.
- Limitless Blog – my lovely internet daughter!
- Whippet Wisdom – a quality blog and a good friend.
- FACE Foundation – for their brilliant tireless work for animal welfare
- Chic Soles – glamorous Sochi and fabulous shoes and fashions
- The Adopted Cat – a great blog with Gatsby and informative articles
5. Provide 5 random facts about yourself (optional).
- My great grandmother, grandmother and mother were all nurses. I’m not.
- I had two pet tortoises when I was a little girl called Pecky Number One and Pecky Number Two.
- I’ve never been stung by a bee.
- I once dyed my hair pink… by accident.
- My favourite book EVER is ‘Ferney’ by James Long
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here).
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and provide a link for them to your post.
You do not need to be nominated to make nominations!