I must thank Xenia of Whippet Wisdom for nominating me for this award. I was surprised bur also pleased and touched that she thought of me. Please do go and have a look at her blog, stunning photographs, beautiful haikus and lovely stories of her clever, gentle dogs. Thank you Xenia for nominating me, thanks also to Eivor and Pearl, watched over by the faithful Seamus.
A picture of our whippet, Misty, when I was a little girl, with my Burmese cat
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
Here are the rules to accept the Sunshine Award:
Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Question 1: What book are you currently reading?
What book… I am re-reading ‘Jennie’ by Paul Gallico, tender story about cats and love.
Question 2: Name one goal you plan to accomplish this week.
One goal… stop smoking, or at least get my consumption down to five a day
Question 3: Three words that describe you.
3 words for me: I don’t know… my son says… honest, caring, funny.
Question 4: Paper and pen, or a laptop?
Always paper and pen… I’m not a great tech person, but I like to see the ink forming the words. It’s like giving birth but not half as painful!
Question 5: In one sentence, write a message to your younger self.
Don’t do it!
Question 6: Complete this: _______ is life.
Experience is life.
Question 7: Even without them speaking, whose presence causes you to smile?
My sons and cats!
Question 8: Anything you want to say about yourself.
Not really, I can’t think of anything interesting! I’m never very good at these sort of questions…
Question 9: What song makes you dance carefree?
‘Sit Down’ by James… fond memories of the Student Union…
Question 10. How many tattoos do you have?
One – it’s rubbish and I wish I’d never got it…
Question 11: What good will you do today?
Hopefully what I can as the opportunity presents itself – whether it’s from giving directions to a stranger to washing up for my mother!
Sunshine nominations: (in no particular order)
1) Limitless Blog: Priscilla, my lovely internet daughter. She writes with sincerity, maturity and emotion about all sorts: love you!
2) Perceptions – Iman Refaat: I start my day with a look at her blog, kind, thoughtful, bite size mindfulness to inspire me for the day.
3) Chic Soles: Sochi is funny, glamorous and has FABULOUS shoes and other information such as shoe care tips, fashion advice and up-to-date amazing shoe styles on her blog, well worth a look!
4) The Joyful Soul Creates: I love her Photo A Day Challenge, the card making skills, creative and friendly, always ready to chat. (I’m in awe of her creative abilities!)
5) Paperpuff: Chicken46 – love her cards and humour… she’s reduced me to tears on a couple of occasions!
6) askNapi: This blog features the beautiful Tabby cat Napi Simba and wonderful informative posts.
8) In The Autumn of My Life: wonderful blog, kind and gentle humour, posts about crystals, aromatherapy, Reiki… what’s not to love?!
9) Inside Kel’s Kitchen: I love this blog! Wonderful recipes that are easy to cope with – even for an idiot chef like me!
10) Magnetically Aesthetic: Belinda, a lovely lady who posts on a wide range of subjects form recipes to recycling. Caring and friendly – well worth a look!
11) garfieldhug’s blog: My lovely friend! Talented and witty, her blog is well worth a visit for wicked humour that makes me choke with laughter, insight, marriage guidance for my sons, history, food… I could go on… and on!
The questions for my nominees are:
1) What is your first childhood memory?
2) What is your favourite film?
3) What was your first ever pet?
4) What is your favourite flower?
5) If you could solve one world problem, what would it be and why?
6) What was your best ever holiday?
7) As it’s the Sunshine Award… sunshine or rain?
8) What is your favourite perfume/aftershave?
9) What book are you reading at the moment?
10) What did you want to be when you grew up?
11) Forest or desert?
Sunny crystals to go with the theme… Bottom left Goldstone, man-made glass with copper for sparkles but can help the wearer achieve their goals, gain strength and stabilise their emotions. Bottom right Sunstone, instills good nature and help you nurture your self. Top rough Citrine…
There is no obligation or pressure to accept this award, it’s just a nice way to show appreciation and recognition to other bloggers and pass it on.
Thank you, as always for reading!